Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment
OUR SERVICE OFFERING
BROAD-BASED BLACK ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT
Regardless of whether your company is a Start-up Enterprise, a Private Company, a Close Corporation, listed or unlisted, operating in South Africa has changed drastically over the course of the past 10 years irrespective of the industry and/or sector you are trading in.
Within this ever-changing environment, the regulatory requirements your company is required to adhere to as well as the terms and conditions of your company’s suppliers and/or clients’ which need to be met in order to maintain and/or procure new business, all ultimately result in tedious, labour-intensive admin which mostly pertains to compliance with B-BBEE in some way, shape or form.
At Strata-g we pride ourselves on our service excellence, through becoming a strategic partner rather than a mere supplier. What this means is that we understand and acknowledge the fact that no two companies are the same and as such each Client is provided with a specific tailormade service offering to best address their business problems within their respective industry and / or sector domain.
Our expertise lies in being able to provide a holistic value adding service, whereby we focus on:
- Properly addressing:
- Topics, issues & questions relating to Project Management, and
- Popular business topics such as feasible Empowerment & Transformation Initiatives in terms of Ownership, Management, Employment Equity, Skills Development, Preferential Procurement, Enterprise and Supplier Development & Corporate Social Investment also referred to as Socio Economic Development.
- Ensuring that the client has a clear understanding of B-BBEE & all related legislation, the various score cards (irrespective of the company’s industry / sector) and influence thereof on the client’s business in its entirety (core, support, departmental functions & growth as well as its footprint in the economy, market place & industry).
- Providing simplistic, versatile & concise advice, recommendations & information in terms of either maintaining or improving on the client’s current B-BBEE score card including ways to better business functions & processes generally taken for granted.
- We kick-off our B-BBEE journey with an Introductory / Information sharing session, which assists in:
- Establishing your company’s current structure and position,
- What the end goal(s) are,
- What the project and/or action plan is (including specific tailormade deliverables), and
- Who the key role-players are within your company, who have been designated as the Overall B-BBEE or element specific champions.
- A Score Assessment which, based on the applicable Code and your measured Financial Year End period, is indicative of your current B-BBEE score for each of the scorecard elements.
- A Cost Benefit Analysis and Strategy will:
- Identify any gaps, risks or issues and the impact thereof in terms of losing points, dropping a level on your B-BBEE scorecard and the probability of being a Non-compliant B-BBEE contributor whilst
- Highlighting available and feasible opportunities to obtain lost and/or additional points which will improve your score and overall B-BBEE level if these opportunities were to be seized.
- Monitoring of your progress in terms of implementing the provided strategy which will enable us to ascertain whether the required targets are being met.
- Sourcing of B-BBEE Certificates and Data Capturing which are crucial for obtaining optimal scores on the scorecard item, Preferential Procurement.
- B-BBEE Verification Preparation which includes liaising with your selected B-BBEE Verification Agency prior to your B-BBEE Verification to ensure that the data and evidence file(s) which will be submitted, meet their requirements.
- B-BBEE Verification Support which includes liaising with your selected B-BBEE Verification Agency during your B-BBEE Verification, assisting with the onsite B-BBEE verification, the issuing of your Preliminary and/or Final B-BBEE Certificate and, if need be, seeing to the Appeal process.
- Providing you with regular updates regarding changes to BBBEE legislation.
How does it work…
- It is important to note that any prospective new client as well as our current clients can contact Strata-g and request an obligation free consultation.
- Following the initial consultation, a formal proposal is presented to the client for consideration which includes details of the services and/or deliverables to be provided as well as the associated costs thereof (this can be done on an Ad Hoc or 12-month retainer basis all depending on the client’s needs).
- Once the proposal has been accepted, a Service Level Agreement (SLA) is drawn up to establish the relationship between Strata-g and the Client in terms of the selected B-BBEE services.